Sunday, July 29, 2012

FRIDAY: Lower Antelope Canyon

So the final excursion of our vacation. After the rainbow we continued our drive to the Navajo Nation Tribal Park. I was scheduled to take a guided photography tour of Lower Antelope Canyon, one of the greatest slot canyons in the world. We left at 6am  and arrived at 9:15 to pick up my photography permit. Then a wait in line, surrounded by the sound of foreign languages- French, German, Chinese, Indian and Navajo and others.  Clouds in the sky and rain sprinkling. Was not looking good, but my permit was for 2 hrs...so i entered at 10am...and was assigned a wonderful photo guide from the Navajo tribe, Jason, he was awesome.  I took nearly 200 shots and the weather above cleared for a period. The lighting kept changing and yielding different shades. It was worth every moment that led up to this incredible spiritual experience. Below are just a few shots: entrance, depth perspective (we went down 5 flights of stairs in total), and a few favorite shots. The slideshow will share a lot more.Coming soon.






2 comments:

  1. The Grand Canyon should be on top of everyone's vacation list. It's got world-class accommodations, breathtaking views, and a giant list of things to do. If you still need convincing, here are nine more reasons why you've got to see this National Park icon.

    Photography Trip Grand Canyon

    ReplyDelete


  2. Antelope Canyon was a perfect location for an adventure photography session. I personally went to see this amazing place and was mesmerized with its light beams and bursting colors. I will be more than willing to also share with you the photos I have taken myself during my trip to Antelope Canyon. You can visit my own images for Antelope Canyon Photography right here:
    http://www.darkeclipse.com/landscape-pictures/natural-landmarks-pictures/antelope-canyon-pictures/ghost-of-canyons-past/

    ReplyDelete